Pages

29.5.12

Summer happenings

Whoa. It's summer. I've finished my freshman year of college. I'm going to be twenty in less than two months. CAN LIFE JUST SLOW DOWN, PLEASE?!

Thankfully, that's exactly what this summer is all about. Especially since I have like, half a job this summer. Yeah, funny thing about having a working study job in school-- they don't exactly carry over into the summer. No, I'm teaching swim lessons but I'm barely getting enough hours to pay for the gas in my car...

You know what? It's great though. For the first time in a long time I don't have to worry about getting as many hours as I can get my hands on and working in the hot sun all summer. This year, I'm doing something a little different. I think the Lord has made it clear that he really wants me to take a break. School really wore me down this semester and I think I just need some rest. Luckily though, that includes serving at my church. As of a couple of weeks ago, I am officially a student programming intern at my church! I love it. I have always enjoyed being involved with ministry and there is truly no greater reward than investing in people's lives. The result is far greater and much more rewarding than any paycheck I've ever received!

I think focusing on serving this summer will really help me to find out what it is God really wants me to do in this next step of life. Right now, I'm completely lost as to where the whole singing thing is going. I'm probably more confused than ever, actually. But hopefully, really digging into the word and spending more time with God this summer will answer some of those questions. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment