Pages

11.7.11

::trust::

I have never been happier to be where I am now.



I honestly don't know what decision I made to get where I am today. I have never been so happy so… content to be where I am. And I feel like it can only get better, like nothing could get me down. I don't know how I got here.


…But at the same time I do. At the beginning of this whole college process I figured out I couldn't do it alone. Auditions, applications, essays, deadlines, plane tickets, flight times… it all became so overwhelming. I cried at night praying it would end soon. I became depressed from the pressure and stress. After that I realized I just had to give it all to God. I prayed that he would hold all of my essays, auditions, songs, and everything else in his hands. Jeremiah 29:11 kept ringing in my head. "For I KNOW the plans I have for you…"


I sang my heart out at every audition and by the grace of God, never hit a sour note, never got sick, and even in the midst of a snowstorm, made it to every single one of my auditions.


It wouldn't be for another two months before I knew the outcome of my auditions. And then it came… the final acceptance letter to Webster University in St. Louis, MO. The one I had been waiting for. I screamed, I cried, and I thanked JESUS that I was going to college.


And here I am… three months later and I just don't want to go. I have found incredible leaders, inspiring pastors, a church I LOVE serving in, and made friends that have become more family than anything. I am happier than I have ever been, and so content where I am. But we all know that doesn't last very long…


In trusting God, he has blessed me more than I could ever know… but now it's time for a new adventure. It's time to go through the flames again and let God use me in a whole new way. Going to a non- christian college will be a new challenge I have never faced. Growing up as a homeschooler, I have always been surrounded by christians and other people who shared the same values. But once again, I turn to God's word and listen to his promise of having a plan for me.


The moral of this incredibly long story… that God BLESSES THOSE who trust him with everything. I didn't even know if I'd get ACCEPTED to any colleges, but I had to let God fully take hold of the wheel and let him do his magic. I am a witness to his amazing love, and his miraculous work on his people. Don't get me wrong, I still have issues letting go and letting God take hold of my life, trust me… I don't have it completely down yet. But I can tell you… when you DO trust God, AMAZING things can happen.


It breaks my heart to think of what I'll be leaving behind when I leave, but God has already proven to me how he blesses those who trust in Him, so I am.



"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."

Proverbs 3:5

2 comments:

  1. GREAT post, Lindsey! The verse at the end was really helpful for me to read, too. We'll definitely miss you around here but I'm sure God will give you another church family that is exactly what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tyler! So glad I could encourage someone!

    ReplyDelete